Plant & Machinery Training Courses
GKSS Ltd offer training in the operation of a large range of industrial vehicles, including dump trucks, excavators, elevated working platforms, telehandlers and most types of cranes. Our training can be run on-site at your location, for your flexibility and convenience, and with the advantage of providing training within your working environment. We are based in London and Reading, Berkshire and cover the surrounding areas of the south coast including Southampton, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Basingstoke, Salisbury, Bournemouth and Poole. We maintain excellent pass rates with a friendly and professional approach. Most of our work comes via personal recommendation. All of our courses are delivered by NPORS or CPCS qualified instructors, with years of practical machinery experience, and meet The Health and Safety Commission’s approved code of practice for both instructors and operators.
Training can be offered as GKSS Ltd’s certification, or to NPORS Accreditation where available. All courses are taught in line with the following:
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) L117
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 98
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 98
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
Majority of our courses are available in the following levels, unless stated otherwise:
- Experience Worker Assessment (EWA) – for existing operators who have experience but do not hold a certificate, or have an expired certificate. This is an evaluation only based on observation and does not include the provision of any training. It is recommended that delegates have at least 2 years prior experience although, as with anything, experience and ability are subjective.
- 1 Day Refresher – for operators who have a certificate which has, or is about to expire (proof required).
- 3 – 10 Day Novice – for operators who have no formal training.
Please feel free to call and discuss your training requirements if you are unsure of what you may require. At GKSS, we have the ability to tailor a training program to your specific needs, respecting the need for flexibility & competitive pricing.
|Crawler Crane||Mobile Elevating Work Platform – MastClimber||Piling Rig – Bored below 15 tonnes|
|Tower Crane||Piling Rig – Tripod||Piling Rig – Bored above 15 tonnes|
|Truck Mounted Boom Concrete Pump||Ride on Roller||Loader Securer NON STGO|
|Forward tipping Dumper||Soil-Landfill Compactor||Loader Securer STGO|
|180 Excavator Below 5 tonnes||Agricultural Tractor||Articulated R/T Dumper|
|180 Excavator Above 5 tonnes||Crawler Tractor/Dozer||Rigid Dump Truck|
|Rough Terrain Forklift/Masted Truck||Crawler – Tractor Side/Boom||360 Excavator Below 10t|
|Industrial Forklift Truck||Lorry Loader (Hi-ab)||360 Excavator Above 10t|
|Telescopic Handler||Trencher||Mobile Crane|
|Hoist||Skip Handler||Appointed Person – Lifting Operations|
|Wheeled Loading Shovel||Slinger / signaller||Lifting Operations Supervisor|
|Tracked loading Shovel||Crusher||Ped OP Tower Crane|
|Skid Steer Loader||Screener||Compact Crane|
|Motorised Scraper||Trailer Mounted Concrete Pump||Plant Driving|
|Mobile Elevating Work Platform – Scissor||Piling Rig – Driven below 15 tonnes||Vehicle and Plant Marshall|
|Mobile Elevating Work Platform – Boom||Piling Rig – Driven above 15 tonnes||Excavator 360 – Lifting Operations|
We provide Level 2 Plant NVQs for all of the above, along with Level 4 and Level 5 OSAT NVQs for Lifting Operations.